I admonish you regarding five things:
1) If you are wronged, do not commit wrong doing to others;
2) If you are betrayed, do not betray anyone;
3) If you are called a liar, do not be furious;
4) If you are praised, do not be jubilant;
5) If you are criticised, do not fret and think of what is said in criticism - if you find in yourself what is criticised about you, then you are falling down in the eyes of God; when you are furious about the truth, it is a much greater calamity then your falling down in the eyes of the people. And if you are opposite of what is said (in criticism) about you, then it is a merit you acquired without having to tire yourself in obtaining it.